Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Betsy's Closet - In Stitches

Good Morning! I had to show you the new pattern we got in at the shop (where you can buy it) from the oh, so talented Brenda Riddle at Acorn Quilt and Gift Company! This little quilt is going to make me try....after all these years....embroidery! Oh no! The dreaded "E Word"! I just seem to have no talent for embroidery. But this adorable little quilt has made me change my tune! Brenda has amazing instructions for embroidery stitches in the pattern.
It is called Betsy's Closet - In Stitches. Can you see this quilt made up for a baby or for a little girl or even for a big girl (like me). So cute! Don't you just love Brenda's colors?
If I can master this thing called embroidery, I'm thinking that I would not only do the quilt, that I would do some of these blocks and frame them. How cute would that be?
I love Brenda's patterns because they are all so versatile. If I can't get the hang of embroidery, then I can use the pattern to do these blocks in applique! I just love it! There are even on-line groups starting up to do this little quilt.


Brenda is one of our favorite designers. She designed this little owl quilt called "Remember Whooo Loves You". It's been a popular favorite at the shop. It looks great in Halloween colors too!
This is Bailey...Brenda's buddy and the official mascot for Acorn Quilt and Gift Company. I'm sure she is as talented as she is cute. I love that face!
I hope you've enjoyed seeing some of Brenda's work. She is an amazing designer and a really nice person. Here are a few more of Brenda's quilts. Have a happy Tuesday! Cheery wave from Bev!
The Nesting quilt (this little bird panel is from the middle of the quilt)
The versatile Meadow quilt. This can be made with any charm pack.
From Brenda's book, "Simple Things, Small Joys".

No comments: