Sunday, October 13, 2013

Lori Holt Green Great Granny Block and a project?

Yesterday I didn't work but I did get a great granny block done last night. I need to cut more. This is the Great Granny top that I'm making using the gray, green and yellow colorway. Most of the blocks are cut from the "cheater" cloth that has 6" squares. I love the "Lori Holt Green".
 Here's what I thinking of doing. I have these canvas totes full of projects that need to be finished. I'm thinking of just taking a box and finishing what's in it and then going on to do the same with each remaining box.

It doesn't look like that many projects but it is! And, I have 3 shelves with more of these boxes. What do you think? Should I be responsible and finish? I think I'll try one box and see how it goes. The unsightly pile is bothering me anyway.

So what does your unfinished project pile look like? Do you even have one or are you the disciplined quilter who does one quilt at a time. If so, my hat's off to you! Well, have a great Sunday. I'm off to write about something for Piperlime and then something for Belk. XO and cheery wave from Bev

9 comments:

Kathleen O'Grady said...

I think that is a great idea. I don't have near as many ufo's as that but I am trying to just get them all finished before starting a new project. It isn't easy but I tell myself that the reward will be starting something new. Hopefully I can stay focused and make it happen.

20 North Ora said...

Happy Sunday morning to you Bev - I don't have pails full, I have rooms full!! I think if you start with one pail, that would be a great strategy!

Judy

Heartsdesire said...

I do have an unfinished project pile and I've tried to take one at a time and finish it. But the problem is that by the time it gets to this pile, I've tired of it and find it hard to finish. I'm thinking of giving some of them away to a quilting friend of mine and then I won't feel the need to finish something I'm no longer interested in. Hopefully, she will be interested in them.

Lisa said...

If it is a project that can be completed I try to complete it as I start on it. Some of my unfinished piles are bee blocks that I will need to build up before I can make a quilt. If your UFO stack was at my house I would be in convulsions.. I'm not good at things hanging over my head.

Anonymous said...

I have lots of UFO's also. I have decided if I don't love them anymore why bother with them move on to something I do love. I feel like I could find someone to adopt the unloved ones. Sewing time is too precious to squander. dorthac@aol.com

Bonniedoo said...

I don't have as many ufo's as you but I do have lots of wanna-start projects waiting for me.

Missy Shay said...

I am so loving the colors you have chosen! That sounds like fun, just picking a box and working on what is in that box! I try to keep my projects to a "minimum", actually my husband keeps me in line if I try to start a new project without finishing something else first - LOL

margaret said...

your work inhand is lovely. Re your stash yes I think you should tackle it!! easier said than done though. I wish I had some waiting to be finished but new to the quilting world and still learning how to do it. I do have the Tula Pink 100 sampler blocks done though and only have the sashing to add but that will wait till I am better at it but usually I only have one or two things on the go at once.

Podunk Pretties said...

I think the biggest problem with UFO's piling up is the stash. It's so easy to run to the stash and start a new project. I've consider selling the stash and working only on the UFO's until finished. Then only buy what I need for the current project.