Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Still Using My Scrap Squares

Hi all! While I was taking a break from machine quilting, I started using my scraps that I cut into squares. I'm actually putting blocks together and using them as leaders and enders. After a while, Boom, I have an entire block. Not that I don't have plenty of UFO's. So here's one of my finished leader and ender blocks:


I actually like the look of mixing all kinds of scraps. Today I have to catch up on washing and really clean the kitchen and I'll start machine quilting again. I used the "wall basting" method to baste the quilt I'm doing and I really like the way it turned out. I'm having no problems with the layers staying put and basting on the wall really saved my back and knees. I hope you're having a great day and including something fun in your day. Love you all...Bev

3 comments:

primrosesattic said...

Love the mix if colours.
Rosezeeta.

Debra said...

Maybe I missed something.. how do you wall baste?? Sounds interesting. Love the colors you are using.

F. Gloade said...

When you make these blocks, do you sew on a foundation piece or paper to get the fabric on the diagonal.

Thanks