Friday, September 5, 2014

More Late Night Farming...Not the Best Idea...

Yesterday I not only had to work, I felt generally cruddy all day...just kind of sick with no specific symptoms. But late last night I kind of rallied and stitched up a couple more Farmer's Wife blocks. Here's Block 92, Streak of Lightening:
As I'm sure you've noticed, it has a vanity block. So named by the Amish quilters who always made one little mistake in a quilt so that they didn't get vain about their creations and call them perfect. Only their mistakes were intentional. Mine was "late night". I might change it or I might not. I'm sure there will be many more "vanity" blocks in my quilt before it's finished. Then I stitched up Block 73, the Rainbow Flowers block.
Now I have 9 blocks completed so I did a collage in Picasa to see how they look together.
I've been using my fat eighth's Farmer's Wife starter pack. I love these quick little blocks. They are easy and fun to do. Hope you come back tomorrow because I'm having a giveaway to celebrate 3 years of blogging! My giveaway will make those of you who love everything British very happy. Hope you have a wonderful day! XO and cheery wave from Bev



5 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh Bev they look wonderful! I have so many vanity moments I stopped counting!

Missy Shay said...

You are so talented in picking out your colors!

margaret said...

blocks are looking great, still waiting for the book to come through my letterbox, probably come today when I am out and will not go into the box which will mean a trail to collect it on monday, dare I say I have ordered 2 more books this week too must stop this book buying!

barbara woods said...

Hope you are feeling betterxxxxx

Wendy said...

I love the idea of a vanity block! Almost everything I make is a vanity XXX!