Monday, January 20, 2014

Monday Fun!

Every day I read a devotional from the book Around the Year with Emmet Fox.  The Bible verse today is "Whatsoever your hand finds to do, do it with all of your might" (Ecclesiastes 9:10). That spoke to me today about doing everything the best I can. I notice that it does not say do everything perfectly. I don't know why I felt the need to share that but there you go. When I try to be perfect, I immediately get into a state of "overwhelm" and start comparing myself to other people. I look around blogland and Pinterest and Flickr and I see amazing quilted creations by people with more skill and artistic talent that I will ever have. I honestly don't think I envy them...but I do let it shut me down sometimes when I compare their skill to mine. So, to make this rambling shorter, I've decided today to do my best, work hard and leave the results to God and be grateful for every task and every minute on this earth. That being said, here's another Farmer's Wife block I did last night.
I'm adding more white to break up the monotony of the mostly medium colors I'm using in this little quilt. This is the Farmer's Daughter block. It doesn't look very hard but, before I started using Karen's method, I made two of these and I had a really hard time with this block. This is a 6" block so there are a lot of tiny pieces that have to go together! It's not perfect but it was made with "all my might"! Well, I'm going to get to work on the "real job". Today I'm writing about bathing suits for Piperlime. I can say this for sure....bikinis are a lot smaller than they used to be! I'm grateful that I'm not expected to wear one! Have a great Monday! XO and cheery wave from Bev

3 comments:

20 North Ora said...

You know of course that I am taking my bikini to Galveston with me!! LOL

Judy

Katy said...

Love the block! I'm the same as you when seeing someones quilting abilities compared to mine. I'm always lacking, but I do love sewing/quilting and don't plan to stop just because my lines aren't perfectly straight. I love what I do and make. Yeah me! Lol. Keep up the great work. Yeah you!!

margaret said...

another great block. Very good Bible quote from you today. Last year I had a calender with a quote for every day which I looked forward to reading, miss it this year.
Enjoy your bikini article, never had one myself and certainty would not dare to wear one now or even a bathing costume