Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Miscellaneous Wednesday

How cute is this quilt?  This pic is from the finishing page of the On the Pond Mystery Quilt by Sarah Fielke. I've been printing out the blocks but not making them because I am just obsessed with making blocks of the month. I wish I had been making them all along now because it would be finished. 

Since this blog post is about a variety of things, I thought I'd show you a painting of Gina's that I think would make great fabric:

What do you think? I'm trying to get her to submit something to a fabric company but with no success. Sigh.....
Don't forget to enter our giveaway for 3 Kathy Schmitz embroidery/quilt patterns! You get November, December and January from the series. Tomorrow is the deadline for entering. Even if you don't know how to do embroidery, you can easily learn from some of the excellent tutorials on the internet. I've finished my first one but it is very cloudy and dark outside...yet again...and I can't get a good photo. You can enter the giveaway for free patterns HERE. I still have a lot of pain from my dental issues. Going to the doctor tomorrow about it and she will scold me. I'd go to the dentist if I had the money to get it done. I actually work for a living so don't qualify for anything free or lower cost. Okay, enough feeling sorry for myself. On to work! Have a great Wednesday! Cheerily waving through the pain.....Bev 

3 comments:

jennyg said...

Hi Bev I made the Sarah Fielke quilt I have jut sewn the blocks together this week. Your daughters painting would make wonderful fabric.

Beausoleil Quilts said...

I live in New Zealand, so Sarah Fielkes On The Pond fabric line is in stores here. I have been making her mystery quilt and have it all ready to put together today. There have been some really interesting blocks in it,and it has been fun making the blocks.

Anonymous said...

Gina's painting is beautiful. I can imagine it printed on linen or canvas and made into pillows or used as a focal fabric for a new bag/tote. Has she tried spoonflower?