Sunday, March 24, 2013

Tulips - the Row Along Last Row

Happy Sunday everyone! I'm back at work today but yesterday was my day to sew. All I accomplished was getting the last row of the Row Along quilt done.
There are 11 little tulips and I decided to make mine all in dots. It took quite a bit of time to cut and piece. I'm so sad that it's the last row. I've really enjoyed making this quilt and thanks to Lori Holt for the wonderful instructions and cute design. I notice that there are still people starting the quilt. Lori's instructions are perfect for beginners. Her pictures of each quilt are amazing. There is still joining the rows and putting on the borders. In the Flickr group people have discussed having to adjust and tweak their rows to get them to fit. If anyone will have an issue with that, it will be me. Ugg. There is also an adorable bee block that Lori designed for the quilt label. I don't know if I'll do that or not. It's cold and windy and cloudy here so the photo looks really dark but it's a bright, fun row.

I found this on Pinterest...it's my life motto right now:
I don't know if anyone else can relate. I love this photo...remember when we ironed the family's clothes? All those starched men's shirts and long skirts....

Speaking of work, guess I'll go give it a try. Don't forget to enter our March Giveaway! If you haven't already, you can enter HERE. Have a great day! Cheery wave from Bev

12 comments:

Missy Shay said...

I was thinking of maybe making this quilt for my sister, but if I do, I would make it king size for her. Would it be very hard to make bigger?

20 North Ora said...

Love the tulip row! So cute. That is going to be an awesome quilt when you finish. I've really liked all of the rows.

Judy

giddy99 said...

Love your tulips! So pretty, bright and festive!

Delcia R. said...

When I was a teen I ironed undershirts, towels and sheets for my mom along with the usual--it seems that ironing just about EVERYTHING was the norm. Anyone remember the damp shirts rolled up and in the fridge? We had a VERY clean refridgerator. I still like to iron which is good since it is what a sewer and quilter ends up doing a lot. Cute tulips!

Bev said...

To Delcia: Do you remember using a Coke bottle (they were all glass then) with a sprinkler nozzle? Those long sleeve shirts were a bear to iron. When I was in junior high, we got an "ironing lady". Wow, those were the days. Thanks for commenting!

Bev said...

To Sweet Missy: It would be easy to make a few more blocks in each row to make the quilt bigger. The border is going to add about 16 inches (or more) and our quilts are about 58" wide so it's not quite a twin and really big for a throw.

Cheery wave!

Patty said...

Oh, I love your dotty tulip row. The background is perfect! And I remember grandma teaching me to iron and having the shirts in the freezer and the coke bottle with a sprinkler top. Grandma taught me to iron by ironing my dad's handies and the pillowcases. I can't imagine ironing such things now!!

Bev said...

Oh Patty! I learned to iron the same way! I used to iron my Grandfather's handkerchiefs. I thought it was fun then. There were no steam irons then or spray bottles! Wow, I really feel old!
Cheery wave Patty!

Leanne said...

Your tulip blocks look so pretty, i have made 2 of the tulips, they are fiddly but look so nice. Have a great day.

trish said...

Oh soo cute!!! :0)
I am behind on my rows but loving every
single stitch. :0) It is such a fun quilt along.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Polka dot tulips make me smile!

Melia Mae Quilting said...

I love your last row. Those dots are just perfect!!!! I can't wait to see the finish. It is going to be really cute. Excellent job!