Friday, January 18, 2013

Scrappy Trip Around the World Blocks

It's Friday! I usually celebrate Friday because I have Saturday and Sunday off but yesterday's work day was cut short by the Saga of the Flat Tires. Yes, tires. Apparently I had 3 flats. I've never had to buy tires for my car and the tires just sort of died....gave up....went flat. Well, after having the emergency road assistance guy from Geico (I have to say, I LOVE Geico), I went to the tire place. I now have 4 new tires, confidence in my ride and a lot less money...sigh... Okay, I'm grateful that I had the money and the Roadside Assistance insurance. So I'm not going to complain. Bye bye money....bye.....

I did a bad thing last night. In the throes of self-pity because of the money I had to spend on tires, I started a new quilt project.
I know I said I was NOT going to start any new blocks. Well, I am obviously a BIG, FAT LIAR! I admit it. In my own defense, I did have the 2.5" strips already cut because I'm doing so many projects from that size strip.

I sort of blame Lori Holt. She blogged about the Scrappy Trip Around the World blocks yesterday. She had done 4 blocks in her own fabric and it looked fabulous. You can see her blocks HERE. Then I looked at the tutorial and the tutorial quilt looked, you guessed it, fabulous. You can see the tutorial HERE. Now that I've given you the links to the gorgeous quilts, I have to go work. I warn you, don't look at these links unless you have lots of self-control....

Have a great Friday! I hope you find some time to sew!  Cheery wave from Bev

9 comments:

Robin said...

LOL that is the same tutorial I used to make my scrappy around the world block the other day.I just had to try it and see if it was as easy as it looked and it was all my corner seams lined up and everything. I'm not sure if I wll make a quilt but I did make a block sample.

Sorry about the tires but you are now safer with new ones.

Robin in Washington State

Libby said...

It happens to the best of us ~ Your block looks wonderful. I wasn't going to do this either until I saw Lori Holt's. Just can't help myself.

Dream Catcher said...

Oh Bev what have you done to me I love Bonnie hunters quilts I am now addicted to leaders & Enders while I sew. Now I will have to cut strips for this project ! Lol

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

LOL I've been trying to talk myself out of that one too! :-) Your block is very cute!
So sorry about the tires, but happy you are safer on the road! ;-)
Have a happy weekend!

Missy Shay said...

I didn't want to start a new quilt either, but I couldn't resist them. AND my husband wants me to make it king size for the bed and to hang over a bit on the bed! We're talking at least 81 squares!

Dana Gaffney said...

3 flat tires? you obviously can't do anything half way, LOL.
I love the new block, think of it as therapy, you had to do it or you'd be stressed.

MarchAnn said...

wowo that quilt would keep you warm and wake you up at the same time. Log your quilting, this is one hobby still on my today list.

sew.darn.quilt said...

I understand your angst and feel your financial pain, I too was drawn into another QAL this morning. Not Lori's but Amy's Dancing Stars! sigh

Something Special said...

I say this is the year I am going to make a quilt. Love your ideas here.