Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thursday! Wow, this week is flying by! As I warned you yesterday, here are some more of the poorly photographed Plaid Rose quilt blocks. I hand appliqued these blocks and they have been wadded up in a drawer for years.
I have to search my fabric stash to see what fabrics I have left to do a border or sashing.
I just don't know how to finish this quilt. Should I set the blocks on point or straight?
Should I do a pieced border or plain or both?
Although my hand applique is far from expert, it was a lot of work and I don't want these blocks to just sit in a drawer to be sold at a garage sale by my kids someday. I want to enjoy looking at it as a finished quilt myself!

There is still one batch (I think 4) left to iron. I'm putting those on the blog tomorrow.
I love having a place to put photos of quilts in progress and my thoughts about how they should be finished. A few nice people make lovely comments and gave me feedback and I really appreciate that! But even if no-one did, it's great to have a place to document my thoughts on these projects.
For those who've commented on my camera settings, these photos were taken outside, not in direct sunlight without the flash. I just have a cheap little camera. So thanks for letting me share! It means a lot to me to get your feedback! Have a great Thursday! Cheery wave from Bev

4 comments:

Jacqueline said...

I am loving the blocks. I am about to start a applique quilt and for the first time want to hand applique.. this helps encourage me.

Am looking forward to seeing how you decide to finish the quilt.

jennyg said...

Hello I love your appliqué , I have only made one attempt at it and the nearly finished blocks sat for nearly 2 decades before I finally got the top finished.
Now it's sitting in the basket of completed tops waiting to br quilted lol
I would set your blocks on point using a finished 2" sashing and corner stones using your plaid fabrics.
Jenny

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Gorgeous blocks!!
I'd say on point with a plain border so you can focus on each block.

Angie said...

I really really love these blocks!! I just adore plaids, and needleturn applique is my favorite thing to do. Such a beautiful combination. I like the idea of on-point---what about scrappy plaid strips as sashing and borders?