Saturday, August 4, 2012

Apologies to the Poor UPS Guy and Another UFO

Yesterday it was 113 here in Oklahoma City. The poor service people who have to be out in that have my sympathy. But I really owe an apology to the UPS guy. You see, I'm an old woman. I have thinning hair. After I shower and dry my hair, I "tease" it, spray it and let it dry. Then I do that again. Yesterday I had teased my hair (which is really long) and it was sticking up, maybe 10 or more inches high all over my head. I also take that opportunity to use an avocado facial mask. Well, the doorbell rang and it was the UPS guy. Totally forgetting about my appearance, I opened the door, he dropped his package, his eyes bugged out, and he made a hasty retreat! Was he sick? Having a heart attack? Then it dawned on me what I must look like. I was unsure what to do...chase him down the driveway and try to explain? Try to yell an explanation? Well, it didn't matter...he made it to his truck in no time and quickly exited the vicinity. Sorry UPS guy....sigh....I really have become the crazy old lady on the block.
I've been going to PicMonkey.com and making collages of my unfinished blocks to see how I might want to put my quilt together. It's such a cool editing feature! Here are some blocks for a Lady Liberty quilt.

This is a picture of the Lady Liberty quilt that I sold a few years back. I am going to make a twin and think I will do this same arrangement. I really like it!
Don't forget to enter our AUGUST GIVEAWAY! The winner gets a bunting panel and a fat quarter pack of coordinating fabrics from the Delighted line from Riley Blake Designs. Have a happy Saturday. Cheery wave from Bev

7 comments:

Sonny G said...

Hi Bev..

it was a joy to see your comment on my blog and to have you follow me.

I'll try to keep things interesting for ya..

love your work~!

ps~ biotin is the vitamin I started taking last year because me hair was thinning. It has helped me sooooooo much.. its very cheap vitamin that DOES NOT interfere with any medication you might be taking but it sure works wonders on hair and nails.. You can find it most anywhere they sell vitamins..

thanks again and hope to see ya soon..

Sonny

Jacqueline said...

Love the UPS story. Nice of you to start my day out with a smile on my face. Thanks

paulette said...

Too funny!! At least your the Crazy Lady who can sew up a storm!! Love your quilt!haha
Love it!
P

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

LOL you crack me up! You will be the talk of the UPS warehouse this weekend. :-) Oh yeah, guys gossip just like women. LOL Your quilt is gorgeous~ I can just imagine how wonderful the next will be. Have a happy weekend!

barbara woods said...

very funny you made my day

Mary said...

Your blocks are gorgeous! I've always wanted to make one of those.
Thanks for the laugh about the UPS man.

Unknown said...

Love that story, made me forget my toothache!!!