Thursday, July 12, 2012

I chose the backing for Quilt #2 in my UFO project yesterday, chose thread...
Cut the binding and actually stitched the backing together. This is a 60" x 60" quilt so it's just large enough to be cumbersome. This is my least favorite part of quilting anything but a baby quilt or wall hanging. I hate doing the basting step. I don't like dealing with ironing the backing and trying to keep it smooth while I put it down somewhere and add the backing and then pin the quilt. I just don't have room. So...
I painted a clay flower pot and decoupaged some things from an old Mary Engelbreit calendar on it.
I still need some little birds or something for the back and it needs more coats of Modge Podge but there you go. Quilt sandwich avoidance at its finest.

Well, at least I did something on my project, right? Now to work on my pesky "real job". Have a good Thursday! Cheery wave!

No comments: