Sunday, July 22, 2012

Good Sunday morning! I know you are sick of seeing my Dresden Plate quilt but I got a lot of quilting done on it yesterday and wanted to put the photos on the blog because I'm proud of myself!
I learn so much every time I quilt a quilt. With this one I've learned that, although I used to be good at doing straight lines by "eyeballing" it, I am no longer good at that. It is so bad that, if I were doing this for someone else, I would probably start over. It's why I have so many ufo's. As soon as I don't like something, I stop the entire project. I also learned that I don't like this expensive, super thin batting.
But, enough of that! I'm making progress on Dresden so that's good. Gina did not find a place to move in Nashville so I think she's going to stay here (woo hoo). She's painting Peri's furniture (my granddaughter) and has asked me to make a quilt! She's using my new, favorite color scheme of yellow, orange, hot pink and aqua so I'm going to add more blocks to these and do a quick quilt. But not until I get the Dresden Plate finished! Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday. I have to work at my pesky "real job" and go to the grocery store. As they say, I'd rather be quilting! Cheery wave from Bev

5 comments:

Brenda Pruitt said...

I'm glad about Gina. I know you must be relieved. This is such a fun, cheery quilt I don't think anyone could get tired of seeing it.
Brenda

Anna said...

Fantastic works, I love it!!!!
A hug.
Anna

Deborah said...

You have such a lovely blog.....stopping over from Quilt Hollow!

★Carol★ said...

You should be proud of yourself, because your quilt is gorgeous, and I love your color choices!
No I didn't sedate my cat to get that birthday picture, but I DID have to start trying to get a decent picture about a week ago, putting that hat on her every day! Several destroyed hats later, I finally got a good shot. Love the shots of your furbabies on your sidebar!

Jennifer Heynen said...

I can't wait to see the whole quilt, it looks great! I really want to try a dresden, it's on my to-do list.

Have a great day,
Jennifer Jangles