Saturday, July 7, 2012

Finally, Time to Sew!

Working on quilt #4 of my UFO today! I had leftover blocks and needed just a little more than 44" for the backing so thought I'd piece the back.
I'm all ready to put on the batting and top so I can quilt! I wish I had more room but I'm happy to have a room for sewing so I'm not complaining!
This is my favorite sewing notion! I LOVE this thing! Can you guess what it is? It's a little over 10" long and has an ultra-sharp pointed end.

It's a porcupine quill! I got it at a quilt show about 10 years ago. I've never seen anyone selling them since but it's great! It has little tiny barbs that catch the fabric you want to manipulate. I can't even imagine how painful it would be to have a bunch of these "fired" at you! I told my vet that if anyone brought in an animal who had been attacked, to let me know and I'd take the quills. So off to cut the batting! Cheery wave!

No comments: