Saturday, February 7, 2009

CONFESSIONS OF A FABRIC ADDICT!


I have always loved fabric! I do sew and quilt but I would have fabric around me even if I didn't. I just love it. I have a theory about my fabric addiction. The fabric is coated with a chemical that prevents fading while the fabric is on the shelf. I think I am addicted to that chemical! When I get new fabric I like to stroke it and inhale deeply. Immediately I relax.....ahhhhhh..... The thing about this chemical is that it has some side effects for those who are addicted to it! It causes a sense of well-being but also a "budget memory lapse" and a desire to acquire more fabric. The cure is not found at 44th Street Fabric but you can certainly get your "fix" there! Fabric addicts are welcome!

3 comments:

Cristin said...

Too funny! I'm a fabric addict too!
But I keep telling myself... you have to USE what you have before you can buy more. Woops! Too late... shopping for fabric on Etsy is just too easy! I splurged on some Marimekko remnants... from Finland!
I'm gonna check out your fabric shop... yay!

Cristin
HazelnutDesigns.etsy.com

Claudio Tomassini said...

I invite you to visit my blog. you can find my last works of art at:

www.claudiotomassini.blogspot.com

yours Claudio Tomassini

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

I just got my shipment of fabric. I'm so happy!!!! Thanks