Monday, May 4, 2015

My Little Tree

Hi all! I hope you aren't bored looking at these photos but I am so in love with the little one foot tree that's been in the yard for about 5 years. It's grown so big (taller than the roof of the house). Anyway, it is blooming and it is covered with gorgeous white clusters of flowers!
Seriously, these are just beautiful! And they smell like Heaven! Just mesmerizing. Isn't God's creation amazing?
The most beautiful butterflies are swarming to the sweet scent. They are kind of shy but here's one that was showing off!
They all had the same markings and colors. There were little white ones too but they were too quick for me. I tried to get a photo of the entire tree but I couldn't back up far enough. I don't know the name of this tree but, if you know, I'd love it if someone could tell me. So not much more going on with me. I sold a wallhanging on eBay and was all excited about having some grocery money but the person has not paid and won't answer my emails. Sigh.... That's my day today. Doing washing and cleaning. Made my own laundry detergent to save money! A giant bottle cost about $2. I'll let you know how that turns out. I'm really getting a throw back feeling of college and early married life when we ate Raman noodles and had to be creative. Hope you are enjoying some gorgeous spring weather! Wish you could smell these flowers! XO from Bev




5 comments:

primrosesattic said...

So beautiful.
Rosezeeta

Little Quiltsong said...

I believe it is a Lilac Tree. They come in white and many different shades of purple (maybe pink too) and in tree or bush form. It is my favorite flowering tree/bush. One of the first to bloom in spring too. My children bought me one for Mother's Day about 3 years ago when we moved to our new place. Yours is beautiful!! You are much further ahead with Spring than we are here.

Simply, Sarah said...

Lilacs are a favorite in the northwest! It seems like everyone else's bloomed this year, but not mine. That's ok though, they are everywhere right now!

barbara woods said...

ours is purple and not blooming yet

Noran said...

Thanks for thiss blog post