Thursday, May 14, 2015

Hillside Houses QAL Block One

Woo Hoo! I finished Block One of the Hillside Houses QAL. The photo is not true colors. It's cloudy here--maybe that's why. This is a much more contemporary quilt than I usually make. Maybe it will sell-lol.


The house looks gray but it's blue and the roof is gray not brown. This block is HUGE so the quilt is going to be really big. She's offering 3 sizes and I'm doing the largest. If you want to check it out (it's free), I have a button on the side bar of the blog that will take you to her website. You should see all the beautiful blocks people are doing. There are five of the block patterns available now and I think there are 12 total. I'm also working on the yellow basket quilt that is taking SO LONG to finish. I've marked the border and started quilting that then there's just the binding. I have so much time in this quilt....sigh.... So what are you guys up to? Are you doing any quilt alongs? Which ones? I hope you're having a happy Thursday! XO from Bev

6 comments:

Beausoleil Quilts said...

I love these big blocks- they are easy to do but so effective when all together. The quilts are going to be gorgeous. I look forward to seeing more of your blocks.

GO STARS! said...

Bev - I've been trying to resist this one but the more I see, the more I'm just going to have to join in!

heathquilter said...

I'm giving in too, it's just too cute!

Jacqueline Frances said...

Hi there Bev,
I always enjoy seeing what you are up to!
Just thought I would let you know that I am having a QAL on my blog! It is called the Country Village QAL and there is only block(which I designed!), but you make 25 of them. With the 25 blocks and some borders, you will have a queen-sized quilt…the blocks finish at 15" x 15"…nice and big!
Anyway, I thought I would give you my blog address so you can check it out. I have just posted Part 3 and all parts are under the Country Village QAL tab. I am not computer-skilled enough to make up a fancy button…
Quilty Huggs,
Jacqueline, of
Quilt, sew Happy! blog
http://www.quilt-sewhappy.blogspot.com

paulette said...


Thanks Bev, I just went and downloaded the pattern! Love this quilt! (Just what I need...another house quilt! haha)
P

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

I love this house block, the yellow fabric for the windows makes it looks like the lights are on. I was working on Karen's (Faeries & Fibres) Value Proposition Quilt QAL and hoping to get back to it soon.