Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Piecing Tops to Sell (fabric sale is still on too)

Hello! Well, Charlie is doing great but my pocketbook is still suffering. I have a friend who just sells quilt tops and I thought...hey, I have tons of quilt blocks so I'll piece them together and try selling the tops. I'm sure that there are some people who want to learn to quilt or who have the money to quilt "by credit card" and might want to buy tops. Let's face it...it's not like I'm getting them quilted myself. So I'm sewing some Lady Liberty blocks together. Here are some of them...you may have seen them before. I think they are so much fun:














There are quite a few more that are finished. I think they will make a fun top. I'm also going to sell my aqua and red Great Granny top from Lori Holt's Great Granny Quilt Along.

and I'm not sure what else. It occurred to me that this is a great way to reduce my ufo stack! Most of them are in block form so it will be good to get them pieced. If they don't sell, they'll be ready to quilt. I'm still doing the fabric sale. Fabric at $4.50 a yard and patterns 30% off. You can see the fabric in the Etsy shop HERE. If you want fabric, just email me at bev@44thstreetfabric.com and I'll send you an invoice with the correct sale prices. Little Charlie and I thank those of you who have bought fabric! It has helped a lot. So wish me luck! I'll report back as to how good the "unfinished top" market is! XO and cheery wave from Bev

1 comment:

The Speckled Hen said...

Love your colors and the block construction. Is this your pattern or anothers? If yours, will you be selling it on your etsy page? If anothers, will you share? I am a NYC girl and have been looking for a block that really strikes me to make my own LL/NYB quilt. I really like the ones posted here. Thank you.