Monday, June 2, 2014

My Farmer's Wife Quilt is Quilted!!!

Monday morning...not my favorite. BUT I am SO EXCITED that my Farmer's Wife quilt is quilted!
So what do you think? No, I didn't do the quilting...it was done by Karen Walker! She is the one who came up with the Farmer's Wife quilt revival classes (with the blessing of the author of the original book). Her methods don't use the little templates...they are all about rotary cutting the block elements. That makes it MUCH easier! So here are more pics of the quilt:
Outdoor pics--very artful and also taken by Karen-lol. Obviously she's seen my photos!
If you remember, I also did a red and aqua version only in baby quilt size and made it using her version also:
Karen is going to do a group to make this quilt beginning in September. I'm probably going to do that one too.You can get details about Karen's methods and where to find the lessons HERE. So I'm starting the week as a happy camper. I leave you with this (I found it on Pinterest-it's so me)! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one!

 XO and Cheery Wave from Bev

7 comments:

Vicki H said...

Bev, it's beautiful! Love the border print you used too.

Browndirtcottage said...

Oh Yes!
I.LIKE.
I.LIKE.

margaret said...

what a beauty, love the photos especially the one with the sunlight shadows on it.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh it is so beautiful! I love your colors and Karen did a wonderful job.

Missy Shay said...

Your quilt turned out great!

PamKittyMorning said...

It turned out great!I love all your bright cheerful sewing, but this is extra special !

Sandra said...

That is quite the accomplishment grats.