Friday, May 30, 2014

North Wind Block

This week I have been so inspired to make something with triangle blocks. First, I was inspired by the book Patchwork Math Using Quilting Design Components by Lynn Wilder that you can find HERE and then Karen Walker did a blog post about her Magic 8 method for making triangles that you can find HERE. I'm having some issues (to put it mildly) with the top I am quilting so I took a break (shocker). I just happened to find an old envelope of sketches that included blocks I've always meant to make out of triangles. So I made a bunch of triangles and the first block I did was the North Wind Block:

At least that is what I had written down as the name some time in the 90's. I have tons of other blocks to do with my triangles. I would have made the flying geese blocks from Lynn's book but I was just using the triangles I made.

So what are you all doing this weekend? I'm going to tackle the machine quilting project and, if I get frustrated, I'll make more blocks with my triangles! Sounds like fun, right? Have a good one! XO and cheery wave from Bev

4 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh, I love it! You have such a way with color. I always love what you put together.

Missy Shay said...

The chevrons in the middle is perfect for the name of block, because they look kind of like wind!

margaret said...

what great triangles, the magic 8 method i have made a note of the other day to try too

susan718 said...

just found your blog today while looking for north wind blocks. Now following you on bloglovin. Love all your color ideas!