Monday, January 13, 2014

The Best Intentions...and Reality...Not Mixing...

Yesterday I planned to work (at the real job thing) and instead, some of the grandkids came over. I knew they were going to stop by so I made some Cowboy Corn Dip which is a big favorite. They came by to show me their new cars (both girls got one). So we chatted, I took photos and we ate. Then I stitched up a Puss in the Corner block for the Farmer's Wife Aqua, Red, Pink and Gray quilt:
Then I thought...well, that couch looks really comfy. I'll just lay down for a moment...at 5:30 PM I woke up because Charlie was barking at me. Then I felt groggy from my extended nap and no work got done. Sigh... I was going to download the photos I took and (it's my new camera Jason got me for Christmas) I erased all the photos. Uggg

Here's the devilishly good Cowboy Corn Dip recipe. It's best if you let it sit overnight in the fridge but two hours will do it if you're in a hurry. It won't last long.

COWBOY CORN DIP

3 cans sweet corn drained (11 oz each)
1 can chopped green chilies
1 can jalapeno peppers, drained (I never add these)
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 package shredded cheddar cheese (16 ounces)

Mix and chill. Serve with Fritos or tortilla chips.

So no photos of my adorable granddaughters and no photos of my dip. I did figure out why I lost photos in my new camera. Now I've got to go make up for my "lost day". Hope your week is wonderful! XO and cheery wave from Bev

2 comments:

Leanne said...

Your dip sounds yummy. I must give it a try, Hope you get some work done today.

GO STARS! said...

Were you able to retrieve your photos? My son (an IT guru) has retrieved deleted photos from my camera before. Find a techie and they should be able to help.

Sounds like a fun day even if no "real" work was done.