Thursday, November 7, 2013

More Progress on Oklahoma Beauty

Last night I got another Oklahoma Beauty block finished. I just love making these blocks! I have no idea what they will all look like together but I like them so I guess that's what matters.
Yesterday, Mary Lou Weidman, an artist and quilter hero of mine for many reasons, commented on my Oklahoma Beauty! Whoa-how cool is that! She wrote the Out of the Box with Easy Blocks books. I love her books because she has long discussions (illustrated) about art and design and self-confidence, self-love and how to get the most enjoyment from any art you do. She does not use templates and that, for me, is one of the hardest things to do. I'm much more comfortable putting together blocks with defined pieces and seeing how well I can put them together. When I'm doing free form piecing, I kind of freak out. What does that say about me? Hummmm .... Who inspires you?

Well, have to get to work. I'm having a crisis at work and am making no money because our new client wants everything rewritten and rewritten. Uggg. Never work for a committee.... Have a great Thursday! XO and cheery wave from Bev

2 comments:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Beautiful block! I love the brights. :-)

margaret said...

all your blocks are so so good, love both designs you are using colours too.
Jennie Rayment is an inspiration to me have all her books and I have just bought quick weekend quilts by Debbie Mumm which looks full of wonderful things for a starter like me, feel she will be playing a big part in my life now