Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Another Oklahoma Beauty Block

There are 30 blocks in the Oklahoma Beauty quilt and I completed Block 13 last night. In addition to the blocks, there is a pieced border. These blocks are so much fun. The hardest part is choosing the fabrics:
I've pulled fabrics from my stash in red, aqua, yellow, green and hot pink (my favs), and my theory is that if I like all the colors in the stack of fabrics I chose, I'll like the colors together in a quilt. If a fabric sticks out in the stack of pulled fabrics, I take it out. I know these are all bright fabrics but, hopefully, they will look okay in the finished quilt. I just can't make myself sew with other colors right now. I think it has to do with the 70's. The new fabrics of today with all their browns, navy and gray reminds me of the colors of the 70's-not my fav. I figure, hey, I like them so what difference does it make?

I have to work today. I got sidetracked yesterday taking Charlie and Lola to the groomer. While they are at the groomer, I can mop the floor and no dog walks through before it's dry. Hope your day is full of love, fun and sewing! XO and cheery wave from Bev Oh--for those who have been asking--we have more of the Quilty Fun books in stock. You can buy one HERE! If you win the one in our giveaway, you can give it to your best quilting friend.

4 comments:

marylouweidman said...

I think this is the prettiest quilt I have ever seen...those colors are amazing together. Your blog rocks!

margaret said...

wonderful cheerful colours, I so agree the dark colours are so dismal and who needs that these days,m we need a bit of colour in our lives especially in the winter

The Speckled Hen said...

love, love, love...is this a purchase/free pattern, book, or is this a quilt along? I <3 this quilt!

The Speckled Hen said...

love, love, love...is this a purchase/free pattern, book, or is this a quilt along? I <3 this quilt!