Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A $200,000 Quilt!

Last night I started quilting the Red Riding Hood doll quilt for Dylan that is the first project out of the first box of my UFO's. As you know, I'm going to try to work through at least one box before I start anything else. Since I have nothing of mine to show, I tried to get a photo of the quilt that won $200,000. in the ArtPrize 2013 contest. This is the best I could do for you:
Yes, you read that right...$200,000. This is a screen shot from www.thequiltshow.com blog where Alex Anderson has an interview with the quilt artist who won the most money awarded for a quilt - EVER! I' am so proud and happy that quilts are starting to be recognized as art. In the interview, this quilter says that she makes a VERY GOOD living selling her quilts. I wish I knew who she sells them to! It's an interesting interview.

Well, I'm off to try to write for my "real job". I'm horribly behind again. I think I'm burned out. Taking off because I hurt my knee and wrists didn't do the same thing as a vacation would have. I'm watching a video of Ricky Tims showing how to make a Kaleidoscope quilt. That makes me want to go start one of those! Maybe someday when I finish box #1 of my ufo's. :) Have a good Tuesday! XO and cheery wave from Bev

3 comments:

Mary said...

I saw his DEMO on the Kaleidoscope at the Super Seminar and want to make one too. But the UFO's are calling me right now and Christmas gifts are awaiting... Wish I would get the inspiration for those before October.

20 North Ora said...

That quilt looks like a photograph. I bet it is beautiful in person.

Good girl for starting on those UFOs.

Judy

margaret said...

that is a quilt and a half, as you say it is good to see quilts selling for good prices. Like you i want to do a kaleidoscope quilt, along with many others!