Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Seasons in Flags quilt and a new sewing aid I really want!

Hello on Wednesday! I can't believe that tomorrow is the 4th of July already! I thought I'd show you a little quilt I made long ago. This was my own design. I think I might do one now and make some changes to update it. I still like the idea of 4 seasons flags.

I wouldn't do such busy borders today. Now I'm going to show you something that I found yesterday. I am warning those of you with "low buying of sewing stuff willpower" thresholds to look away! Check this out if you dare!
TaDa! It is a strip of led lights that stick to your sewing machine that lights up the entire bed! Brilliant! The lights plug in but that plug-in part with the wires sticks to the back of the machine so it isn't in your way! You can buy these lights in a variety of sizes HERE. I have not ordered one YET because it is very expensive (to me--not to you rich quilting blogger buddies). I think this is so clever! Just thought I'd share! Now you know where my next $85. that isn't spoken for is going! Drat that there is no holiday in the near future for gift-buying kids. 

Hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th of July! I'll be taking care of the dog that hates loud noises. Let me know if you buy the amazing light strip and how you like it! Cheery wave from Bev

5 comments:

Missy Shay said...

Wow, that is expensive! It would be awesome for my treadle though!

Elsina said...

Happy 4th of July my friend!
hugs, Elsina

paulette said...

Great idea but WAY too much $$!! OUCH!!!
You have a wonderful holiday and all the best!
P

gilly said...

Happy 4th of July, Bev - and give those sweet pups a cuddle from me. Hope the fireworks aren't too scary.
Hugs
xx

Bonny said...

Yikes! $85 bucks is alot!
But, I agree - neat if you have the money! In the meantime I will just sew during the day :)