Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Union Jack and Civil War Bride

Good morning. Well, I am watching the snow fall....yes that's SNOW! It's supposed to be 80 on Saturday so there is hope. I just hope the cold front doesn't kill my little rose buds!

Did a block for the Union Jack quilt. I think I'm going to make it a baby quilt and then do a Union Jack in regular red, white and blue. I just love the Union Jack pattern.

I'm also working on the Civil War Bride's quilt. I broke down and ordered the pattern from Australia. It arrived yesterday and it is so much easier that the American version because the patterns are full size and don't have to be traced and put together. It will be so pretty (if I live long enough to do it)....
There is a blog dedicated to this quilt and you can see it HERE. I know I should do it by hand but I'm doing mine on the machine. I've completed one block:
This is the block in the upper left corner. It would be a major accomplishment to finish one of these quilts. Now it should be easier. We will see. Have a great day! Hope it's not snowing where you live but I do thank God for the moisture falling on our parched Oklahoma land. Cheery wave from Bev

9 comments:

Tina said...

Oh Bev! I just love that you have started the Civil War Bride and your first block is just great! I'm still in love with this quilt and would love to make it someday - I'm sure I will take the plunge at some point, but meanwhile I will eagerly watch your blog for more blocks!! I had forgotten that the blocks in the book had to be "sized-up" - it's helpful to know that there are patterns available that are full size.

Tina said...

Hi Bev! I just love that you are working on the Civil War Bride quilt - your block really looks great! I'm sure I will jump in at some point (such a wonderful, beautiful quilt!). Thanks so much for your comment about buying the pattern from Australia as the patterns in the book need to be enlarged - I'd forgotten that! I am so excited to see more of your blocks as you get them done - your quilt is really going to be a masterpiece!!!

Tina said...

Okay Bev - I feel like a total airhead! I submitted a comment and when it didn't show up, I submitted another one and NOW I saw that comments are reviewed before they are posted! Sorry for the double (now triple!) comments!!! Please don't post them all - what a goofball I am....must need more coffee this morning!!! Sheesh.

20 North Ora said...

OMG - I would never even attempt that quilt! I know yours will be gorgeous tho,

Judy

Missy Shay said...

It's raining here, the temps keep fluctuating between the 60's one day and 80's the next.

Mary said...

No snow here, but my Daughter is getting some again today in CO. We have the modern tools why not use them to get a quilt like this finished in our lifetime??? Looks good, Bev. Stay warm.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Your first block of your Civil War Bride is gorgeous Bev, and I have no doubt that you will finish it!

Derrith said...

WOW Bev... You are so brave and so talented. I look forward to watching your progress on this amazing quilt. The first block is BEAUTIFUL.

Cathy said...

You will get that finished,I am positive! I love your Union Jack block, great work !! Xx