Saturday, March 30, 2013

Spring Baskets has the borders attached and I get sappy.

Well, I turned in my copy on time! Woot! So I'm free this weekend to sew! This morning I attached the borders on the Spring Baskets wall quilt. I'll be adding lots of buttons after the quilting is done. It looks all wonky but that is the photo, not the quilt.
I hate adding borders. It's not the borders so much as ironing and wrangling the quilt top. It's not like a well-pinned quilt sandwich. It has the "wrinkle factor". I just hate that! I have so many tops right now that need borders. I'm going to try to make myself put them on this weekend.

I want to mention Easter. I am a believer in Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for His sacrifice for us. I notice that a lot of bloggers carefully avoid mention of politics or religion. I am not proselytizing for any church but I am in love with Jesus. When I was a kid, I figured that, if there was a God, he knew that I didn't believe in Him so why pretend? Everyone was aghast at that attitude. Well, I had a personal experience that marked the two parts of my life...the part of my life where I didn't believe and the part where I did. I came to understand and recognize that there is a power greater that I.  I won't bore you with details but that experience led me on a journey to find God and learn how to worship Him. I wish bloggers would share more of themselves but I understand in this politically correct age. People don't want to offend. The nice thing about being old for me is that I don't really care who I offend.
I am very concerned about the way our country is going. I remember when it would never occur to anyone that we couldn't have our nice lives, enough of our paychecks to make do, a safe school for our children to attend, and the freedom to think and act as we saw fit as long as it didn't infringe on anyone else. We all so took our freedom and our safety for granted.

So on the Easter weekend, I wish to thank Jesus for his sacrifice and publicly acknowledge Him. It will be interesting to see if that offends anyone. I think quilters are the best, kindest, sweetest group of people there is. I've met some wonderful people on this blog and through the shop and I love you guys. I'm saying prayers of thanks for you and prayers wishing you all the best life has to offer. Happy Easter everyone! Cheery wave from Bev

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

JOYOUS EASTER TO YOU+YOURS!
WELL SAID! IT IS SAD THE NUMBER OF HIS CREATION THAT CARE NOTHING ABOUT HIM,WHEN HE HAS GIVEN HIS ALL FOR EACH OF US ♥
BLESSINGS,LINDA

msstitcher1948@yahoo.com

20 North Ora said...

Bev - If your post offends anyone, don't let it worry you. Just remember we all are accountable for our witness for the Lord at some point and time.

Love your quilt.

Have a great Easter.

Judy

Jacqueline said...

Everything is possible through Him. He will arise tomorrow.

Happy Easter

Jacque. said...

AMEN!

Jacque. said...

AMEN!

Missy Shay said...

Thank you for sharing your testimony! I say what I want on my my blog and figure if someone does not like then they don't have to read it! LOL

Nancy: rangerer@sbcglobal.net said...

Thank you for speaking up and speaking out! We serve a risen Savior! On another note -- love your basket quilt.

gilly said...

Amen to that! Wishing you many blessings as we celebrate our risen Saviour.
Hugs xx

Anonymous said...

I also love Jesus and am old enough to agree with all you said. What's happened to sanity and common sense, I feel bad for my kids and grand kids. I love those baskets!
Happy Easter,
Susan Vicary

Laura said...

Happy Easter, and thanks for sharing your feelings with us. I am sure many like me will agree with what you have said.
Laura

klara said...

Amen Sister, if we are concerned about our country the only thing we as chistians can do is stand up and tell the truth.
I live in the netherlands, and I am very concerned about how things are going. Only thing people think about is me me and myself. We need to do a lot of praying! That is for shure .

terriquilts said...

Happy Easter and Alleluia for He is risen!

Kathy said...

I love my Lord, too, and It blessed me to see this. I am so thankful His death and ressurection paid the price for my sins!