Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Riley Blake BOM 2013 - January Block

It's my deadline day for copywriting so I don't have much time to blog. I just wanted to show you the first Riley Blake BOM 2013 block. Now before you look, understand that I made this late last night. I know the middle rows look all choppy. I am claiming that I did that on purpose. Actually I was already committed and wanted to finish.
I realize that the middle is all "choppy" and is not very pleasant to look at. I'll probably throw out this block and do another or I might not. But, since we are friends, I thought I'd show you anyway. It was just too late in the evening to make another. But it's a very easy peasy block to make and was very fast. As you can see, it's just half-square triangles. And it's using pink, yellow and gray. That's not my usual color scheme but I love the Daisy Cottage fabric and have looked for something to make with it. I think the colors are great.

I'm off to work now. I'm writing about Easter clothing today. It made me think about the chevron fabrics we have in the shop. I think they would make great Easter eggs in a quilt. Okay, okay, I'm going to go to work. Hope you are all having a wonderful Tuesday and that you find some time to sew. Oh, I almost forgot. I saw this on Pinterest and wanted to share. Have a happy day! Cheery wave from Bev


5 comments:

20 North Ora said...

i think your quilt square is beautiful. I don't see any "chopiness". Have a good day.

Judy

gilly said...

Aw, that's so true.. love our furry friends!
I like the "uniqueness" ;-) of your block, and those colours are fab together.
Have fun at work,xx

paulette said...

Love it!!
This is the quilt that my daughter wants!! Thanks for sharing!
P

Leanne said...

I like your block, the colours are so good together.

Missy Shay said...

I really like it! It would look great as a border around a quilt!