Thursday, December 13, 2012

No, I Didn't Start Another Quilt

Hello! Thursday already-wow! Yesterday my friend came over and was prowling through my UFO's and found this one:
This is a fun pattern that is called Maltese Circle. If you look at it just right, it looks like circles even though there are no curved pieces in the block. They are all made with straight lines. The reason that I quit working on this quilt is because I made one of these some years ago and the colors were much better for this particular pattern. With the right colors, the circle pattern really stands out. I think the secret is to have lighter yellows. I might put it on my next round of "finish this ufo" projects.



So, today I'm working on some writing assignments and I have to take Lola to the vet for a re-check. Last time I took her we had an amazingly huge "potty" incident in the middle of the waiting room. She never has accidents so I'm pretty sure it was her expression of disgust with being there. She has recurring ear infections so has to get treatment and does not understand why it is necessary to take her temperature and look in her sore ear. She has a great memory for that Doggie Doctor place.

Hope you have a great Thursday and find some time to sew. Cheery wave from Bev

2 comments:

20 North Ora said...

Love the flannel!! Thanks so much! Glad Lola got a good bill of health. When I took Bella last time, they marked on her weight "obese". I told her that was ok, I was too! ha.

Have a great weekend.

Judy

Missy Shay said...

I was trying to figure out where I had seen the quilt design before, and last night I picked up the fiction book I was reading, and there it was on the cover! LOL