Sunday, September 2, 2012

On the 44th Street Sewing Machine ...

I have to work this weekend on my "real job". But...between assignments I'm doing some sewing to keep me sane (and cause it's fun). Here's what I'm working on:



I'm doing 4 more Lady Liberty blocks. That gets me to finished I think. I have to count when I get these 4 blocks sewn together and see. I love this doxie fabric.
Here's one made with my "google eye" fabric!
Here's a green block with batiks. If you are wondering, I store my unfinished blocks between sheets of typing paper so they stay together. This stack of paper got curled up. That's why they look funny.
Here's a pink block. I love using black and white fabrics in these quilt blocks.
I'm still working on Peri's quilt. I have 22 more blocks that just need the last round. That gets me to 68 finished blocks. I have to do 110. They are 8" square.
I cut more blocks for the Great Granny Along from Lori Holt. I have 4 blocks finished and these cut out so far.
These are just random pieces from a paper piecing project I've been dying to do. I just had to do one of each to see how they would look. Can you spot the BIG mistake I made in one of the pieces? I don't know yet if I'm going to do the entire project in these colors. I just couldn't keep making plain square and strip blocks without doing something a little more challenging. What are you working on this holiday weekend?

Back to "real" work for me. I hope you are all having a wonderful holiday weekend! Cheery wave from Bev

8 comments:

gina mckinnis said...

Gorgeous. per usual.

gina mckinnis said...

Gorgeous. per usual.

gina mckinnis said...

Gorgeous. per usual.

sew.darn.quilt said...

I think I spotted it in the black/white with the pink/green triangles, the middle tri?
These are wonderful. I'm just starting out with pp and my first attempt ended with a small hole in it (not enough fabric to cover)! Oh well lesson learned and I'm looking forward to my next try!

Bev said...

Yes, you are right! I switched those two colors in that little triangle. A lady just emailed me and guessed the same thing. She apparently thought it was a contest. No contest or prize for spotting my mistake. That might be good for a future giveaway though! I have plenty of examples of mistakes I could use! Bev

20 North Ora said...

Bev,

Your colors are so georgous! Love the black and yellow especially.

Judy

Quilt Hollow said...

LOVE seeing all this color! YUM!

jennyg said...

I can't spot the mistake, so it must be well hidden .

I ave finally finished a stroller bag from a pattern from the moda bake shop, for my soon to be here first grandchild.

Now I can work on a cot quilt for her