Thursday, May 28, 2009

DARLA AND BASKETS OF FLOWERS-ANOTHER BABY QUILT


Okay, another unfinished baby quilt top. I just can't help myself. We are now 80% sure it's a girl after the last sonogram but there is still that pesky 20%. This is a quick little top made from Darla fabric by Tanya Whelan and Baskets of Flowers fabric by Mary Engelbreit. It's all for sale at 44th Street Fabric in the form of a kit we put together for a class. I would use this quilt for a baby regardless of whether it is a boy or girl. I was very surprised that my progressive son, Jason, the baby daddy, was so adamant about it being too "girly" if it's a boy. Thank goodness we have the Lily Pond line and the Chic BeBe line due into the shop any day now. Those lines contain fabrics that could "go either way" for a baby quilt.

I love this fabric combination so much that I might make one for myself. If you would like one in any size, just let me know and I will kit it up for you with the binding and backing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so pretty!