Wednesday, April 29, 2015

A Busy Time and Another Blogger Meeting!

Wow, I can't believe it's been almost a week since I blogged! I've been involved in sort of a weird flurry of activity trying to finish things to sell so that I can buy groceries, etc. I've been quilting on this one for for.ev.er!


I really messed myself up by doing teeny tiny background quilting. What was I thinking? If I tried to sell it and get even minimum wage for the time it is taking to quilt, it would not sell. People consider hand made quilts expensive when their price is the same a one of their electric bills. Oh well, live and learn. 


I still have a row of quilting, the baskets and the borders to do. I'm plugging along. Next time, I won't be doing that much quilting. The highlight of my week though was meeting a blogger friend! Yes, that's meeting two blogger friends in as many weeks! Her name is Judy and she blogs at 20 North Ora. She is not only a talented artist and crafter, she is a beautiful person. I can't even keep track of all the wonderful things Judy does for others and that's just the ones I know about.

I just love her! She had to come to Oklahoma City from Tulsa for an eye appointment and we had a great time at lunch. Her beautiful granddaughter, Tiffany, drove her and I got to meet her too. They are such wonderful people! Judy has had a rough year. She lost her sweet husband, John, this year. Seems like so many of us have lost someone. I know it's part of life but it really is awful. Judy creates gorgeous things. Below is a photo of her creation using an cast-off dress form she named Miss Begonia. It was published in Romantic Homes magazine. It was great to meet her and hug her neck!


I've been selling stuff on Instagram. I love doing Instagram too much...it can be time-consuming. I can't help but look at the dog photos. I wish I knew how to copy them onto the blog and show you. Take a look at this link to a little 15 second clip of my favorite dog, Tuna, HERE. It will make your day! He is a rescue dog that has over 1.5 million followers. When you see him, you'll see why he is so popular. Well, guess I'll get back to work. Missed you guys this week. Love you Judy...come back any time! You are next Annette! XO from Bev

6 comments:

20 North Ora said...

Bev - It certainly was a pleasure getting to meet you and have lunch. You are a sweetheart! Hope I'll see you again real soon.

Judy

Beausoleil Quilts said...

You are having such a hard time at the moment, Bev , but you still manage to write such lovely positive posts. I don't know how you do it. You are amazing.

Beausoleil Quilts said...

You are having such a hard time at the moment, Bev , but you still manage to write such lovely positive posts. I don't know how you do it. You are amazing.

Beausoleil Quilts said...

You are having such a hard time at the moment, Bev , but you still manage to write such lovely positive posts. I don't know how you do it. You are amazing.

margaret said...

how good to be meeting uo with bloggers. Quilt looks wonderful, why are people happy to pay for paintings but when it comes to stitchery they do not seem to realise how much time and creativity go into a quilt. I think they think is is just a little hobby for us ladies to use up our time, fingers crossed you get a good price as it deserves to be lob-ved and appreciated.

Ada Plouvier-Kopitopoulou said...

Lovely quilt. Nearly impossible to get a proper price for all the work. So nice to meet other bloggers.