Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Ice, Snow and Frigid Air--Tomorrow 70 Degrees!

Hi guys! I'm just staying in today because we have ice, sleet, rain and snow today. It is SO cold and windy. As is typical for Oklahoma, tomorrow it will be sunny and 70 degrees. My sinus cavities are going crazy. Lola is mad a me because we aren't driving anywhere today. She sat and stared at me until I got up and followed her and she went right to the door to the garage and sat there. She thinks I'm slow and just don't get it. I'm finishing the rows for the Tulip Patch quilt--here they are just hanging . I only have one more tulip row and 2 more filler rows to go and then I can put it together. 


It's so cheerful and bright that it makes me think of spring. I'm also doing more blocks for the FlowerBoxSewAlong from Lori Holt. The link to her blog and that pattern is HERE. It's a fun, quick block to make. 


That's about all I can handle right now although I have tons of things I can work on. What are you doing today? Do you have a Wednesday WIP? Well, take care! XO from Bev

8 comments:

GO STARS! said...

I'm putting binding on a denim quilt. Finished quilting a project yesterday. Trying to get a few UFO's completed. I love how cheery your fabrics are. We're expecting sleet and snow tonight and I've got to go downtown to meet my husband. I'm not looking forward to the drive home - I'm taking the train downtown where I'm meeting him. I so look forward to sunny and warm days.

Little Quiltsong said...

Your tulip quilt and flower box blocks are sooooo bright and cheerful. I'm making some little tulip table toppers for our end tables. Our snow is 4-5 ft around the house and since our spring bulbs will be 'awhile' - I thought I'd 'plant' a few permanent ones inside the house :)!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

We had 70 today and now in the 30s. Maybe just go sit in the car with her....giggle. She's think your just driving slow.

Wendy said...

The tulips are so darling, makes me think of spring too.

charlotte said...

I love those tulips and the great cheerful colors. Can't wait to see it all together. Spring is coming, Bev!

Jacquelynne Steves said...

I would love to see 70 degrees! It's been so long! We are having a snowstorm today. I'm doing a little embroidery in my "downtime" today.

Kerry Stitch Designs said...

Looks like bad weather is good for your quilting!

Missy Shay said...

Your tulips just make me smile!