Saturday, April 5, 2014

Setting Blocks or Not

Happy Saturday! Here are my Prairie Rose blocks all ironed and trimmed and in a collage. I'm having my issues about how to set them. It always gets down to that for me. I don't know why. These blocks are hand appliqued and they were the first hand applique that I ever did so they are pretty rough. So why do I struggle with how to set them? Ya got me! I'm out of background fabric so I could make a block 16 which would make it easier but I'd have to use a different background.

They are ready to set, my Oklahoma Beauty blocks are ready to set and my Lady Liberty blocks are ready to set. Waiting for setting inspiration. So what are you doing this Saturday? It turned chilly again here. I should be working at my "real job" but will save that for tomorrow. Hope your Saturday is happy! If you have any tips about choosing settings, please share! XO and cheery wave from Bev

6 comments:

Pinkadot Quilts said...

Beautiful blocks!!!!

Karen said...

Your block look beautiful! You did a fine job!

I think red slashing is a obvious choice but I'd like to see green slashing, maybe a plaid?

margaret said...

The setting you have here looks just right to me, come on Bev let is see it completed!
You ask what we did on saturday, well I trailed into the city for the Leeds modern quilt group meeting only to find I was a week early!

Anonymous said...

You could set them on point three on the top row, then four, then three, then four. You'd have an extra block. If you want it bigger, I wouldn't make just one with a different background, I'd make 5 more. Then set them 4 by 5. The color in the background of the photo looks like a good color for the sashing.

Donna said...

Just beautiful!

Glenda said...

Beautiful beautiful blocks and I love the red you have chosen, I would like to see these placed on points, have you tried this???? What ever you end up doing it is going to be a stunning quilt. Cheers Glenda