Saturday, November 16, 2013

One more Oklahoma Beauty Block!

Well, I could not work one more hour without sewing something. I had already cut out the next Oklahoma Beauty block and so I stitched it up. This makes block 16 of 30. I'm tempted to stop now but these blocks are so much fun to make!
I heard from the doggie cardiologist. Charlie is in end stage heart failure and I pretty much knew that. He prescribed doubling the dosage of the meds they gave me. This means the meds are $800 a month. He said that this is likely to extend Charlie's life by 18 months to 2 years minimum with good quality of life. How am I going to pay for this you ask? I have no earthly idea. What does someone do in this situation? I love Charlie so much and he is so much better on this medication. Have any of you guys had to come up with a large amount of money like this? Well, guess I'll get back to work! Hope everyone is having a happy Saturday! Thanks so much for your sweet, supportive comments and emails! XO and cheery wave from Bev

3 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

Love seeing each new block, so colorful!
Poor Charlie, such a cutie. I swore I'd never have another pet after being in this situation and not being able to afford the vet bill. Sell the stash, eat beans and cornbread, he's worth it!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I think this might be my favorite one yet~ but it is really hard to say that as they are all so gorgeous!
So sorry about Charlie, would the drug company offer a discount through your vet? Any samples? Doesn't hurt to ask. ;-)

Lynn said...

Beautiful block Bev. I'm sorry to hear about Charlie. It's heart wrenching to hear about this. Is it too late to buy pet insurance since there's a pre-existing condition? I'll be thinking of you and Charlie.