Saturday, March 9, 2013

Virtual Quilting Bee

Yes, with the Row Along quilt wrapping up, I've joined another mystery quilt along, the Virtual Quilting Bee. Every other Friday, there will be a new block. Here's my version of the first block:
It's a super simple block (and I expect that they all will be). I've been wanting to use Daisy Cottage fabric by Lori Holt in a quilt of some kind. We bought a bunch of this fabric for the shop before it was discontinued because everyone loved it so much. I'm trying to get a few quilts done with a different color scheme than the one I've been using over and over. This quilt will be yellow, gray and pink. The block was so plain that I decided to fussy cut some fabrics and it turned out to look very old fashioned. I love doing these quilts when you don't know how it will look in the end. If you want to check it out, the button is on my sidebar.

What are you guys up to this Saturday? It's hopefully going to rain here today. My toothache is back with a vengeance and I've taken all my antibiotic. I haven't gone to the dentist because I can't afford to.

Enough of that! I think I will work on the last row of the Row Along quilt. I understand it has a pieced border so it should be finished in the next few weeks. Well, I'll quit rambling. Have a happy day and don't forget to enter our March giveaway! If you haven't already, you can enter HERE. We re-ordered the chevron because it's flying out the door! Also the small dots are almost gone so we re-ordered those. They will be here next week for those who asked.

Cheery wave from Bev

5 comments:

Missy Shay said...

I like the old fashioned look. I'm going to quilt a pinwheel quilt today.

Katy said...

I'm going to join this quilt along. I finished my Scrappy trip around the world top in less than a week (personal challenge( and I'm between projects at the moment. Love your choice of colors. May have to break out some of my stash. Thanks

Beth said...

So sorry to hear that your toothache is back. I can empathize, and wanted to offer a simple suggestion that sometimes clears things up for me: gargle with Listerine. When I'm trying to clear up a swollen gum or pain around a tooth, I gargle with Listerine every couple of hours, nearly around the clock. It's amazing how often that resolves an issue.

I love your Daisy Cottage block. I was too late in catching on to its charms; I'll enjoy it vicariously through your efforts.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Fussy cutting make that block just adorable Bev! YOu are going to have a great quilt.

legato1958 said...

Love this block !!

Susie