Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Monkey See Monkey Do or I Often Copy Lori Holt

As I typed this title, I was wondering if it is politically correct. See how crazy society has gotten. That saying is from my childhood, a time fraught with politically INcorrect phrases. How different life is today. You have to be so careful about what you say. The reason that phrase came to mind is that, as most of you know, I have finished my first Farmers Wife quilt and put in the sashings. I've been trying to figure out what to do for the borders:
Well, Lori Holt, my favorite designer, has finished her Farmer's Wife quilt with 4 blocks in each corner of the border with a print between. It is adorable! I'm going to do the same thing. Except I think I will use a solid yellow for the borders and do some trapunto. I have a quilt pattern book by Pepper Cory that has Amish quilt patterns and there is a really cute rooster in one of the border quilting patterns. Here's my first corner border block:
I made it when I was cutting the 6" block for the Country Threads BOM. I'll do 3 more and then mark the borders for quilting. I've been piecing and piecing and not finishing a lot of projects and am itching to quilt something and finish it. When I get the borders on and get them marked, I'm going to share the Ricky Tims way to mark a quilt and do trapunto with you. It's so cool.

Sorry for blathering on about my "big plans" for quilting. I feel better today with my tooth. It still hurts but I made my son, Eric, prescribe me meds and apparently they are working. I'm forever behind in my "real job" it seems but we had a big meeting with GoToMeeting last night (that is so amazing) and apparently everyone else is behind in their work too. Whew. So guess I'll go get to work today. Have a great Wednesday! Hope you find some time to sew! Cheery wave from Bev

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the colours of this quilt! I too love Lori Holt, she's great, think i'm going to be a monkey and copy! xx

20 North Ora said...

Glad you are feeling some better. It must be nice to have a doctor for a son!

Your block is beautiful as always.

Judy

Mary said...

I like following Lori Holt too. Her Row-Along is sew fun! Glad you could get some good drugs.

Cherilyn said...

Love your quilt! So bright and happy!