Monday, January 28, 2013

Farmer's Wife almost finished!

This weekend I got the sashing and cornerstones done on my Farmer's Wife quilt. I auditioned borders like crazy and nothing seems right. I do think it needs a border though. And, should I make it bigger? I just can't decide. It's funny, I never used to have any problems with making decisions. Is that from old age? At any rate, here it is now, with no borders:
Should I make it bigger? Add a border? What do you think? 
I've also started sashing my Great Granny Along quilt. What did you do this weekend? Well, have a wonderful Monday! I hope you find some time to sew. I'm going to try to work at my writing assignments even though my next door neighbor is getting a new roof complete with the cheerful banter of the guys working on it. Sigh.... Cheery wave! Bev

13 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Wow.. beautiful & cheerful. I would put a border on just to close up the quilt.

Bruna Aguiar Melo said...

I like it that way.
But i think it would look better with a border in a constrasting colour.

Sandi said...

Hi,

I think a border would be great. If you had a fabric with tuquoise, red, yellow and pink would tie it together. Or maybe not red but green as your corner blocks are red.

I love the bright non Farmers Wife colours.

Angela CG said...

I just love the colors. Maybe just a white border?

20 North Ora said...

Bev, I think the border would be pretty on your quilt.
As for what I did this weekend, visit my blog!! I shopped!

Judy

Kathy @ Kwilty Pleasures said...

Lovin the colors...makes it so perky!

Missy Shay said...

How about a white border with fancy quilting, or the same color as the corner stones?

Nancy said...

Beautiful colors. So very cheerful!

Carolyn said...

Your Farmer's Wife quilt is really nice. I love the bright colors that you have used. I think I would go with a turquoise or teal, whichever you call it, as a wider border. Is really gorgeous.

Mrs. H said...

Another border suggestion:
Perhaps a white border and then make a scrappy binding from fabric leftover from making all those bright, beautiful blocks.

Dana Gaffney said...

Wow! it's gorgeous. I would just put a small white border on it, then bind it in red.

jody said...

I think that it's absolutely fabulous!!!! BRAVO. I would go with a narrow solid (maybe a gray?) and bind it in red. Just lovely.

Unknown said...

Wow this is beautiful!!!
Leigh x