Sunday, December 23, 2012

Summer Celebration Quilt is Pieced! (without borders)

Okay, so it's not pressed for quilting because I don't have the borders on yet but I finally finished the Summer Celebration quilt top.
 

 The pattern shows a half-square triangle block border. I'm thinking that it is such a busy quilt that it needs a couple of plain borders to frame it and not the triangle border. What do you think? At least it's finished! Now I'm going to finish sashing the Farmer's Wife quilt. I have 2 more blocks to do on the Great Granny Quilt and then I can sash it and quilt. I'm still piecing Peri's quilt. I'm going to end up with 4 quilts to actually quilt. I wish I had the money to have them quilted. I just can't afford that luxury right now. Are you ready for Christmas? I wrapped the last of my presents last night so I'm ready. I hope you have a wonderful day and that you can find some time to sew! Cheery wave! Bev

6 comments:

Laurel said...

Yeah!!!

Robin said...

I love how this quilt top looks all together. Have you decided on what colors to use on the border if you don't do the HST? Just wondering. :)

Robin in Washington State
assweetaspeaches hotmail

20 North Ora said...

Bev - I think that is my favorite of all of the quilts you have done. It is so pretty.

Have a great day.

Judy

Unknown said...

oh my Bev...love this quilt! love love love!! You are a busy one! and oh, hey...i have not forgotten about the 'noreply' issue either...just need more time in my day.
Merry Christmas!!!
~karen

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

And it looks fabulous!! Way to go! And great job on getting so many quilt tops finished. I have lots to do before the big day~ need to get off of the computer and get busy. LOL Have a happy day!

jennyg said...

Yes I thinks plain border would better. You need somewhere for your eyes to rest. Yes I am the same as you I have 2 small baskets of tops to e quilt my holdup is the cost of the batting.
Here in Australia it is Xmas eve so I am cooking my last thing, a lemon tart. I hope you have a merry Christmas and if you gave too much xmas cheer leave the sewing! Lol