Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Re-cover Your Lampshades!

Good Morning! I got up before the sun this morning and sat drinking coffee and thinking about how lucky we are to have the modern conveniences we do. I can just turn on a lamp and get a lovely glow of light.

Then I started looking at my lampshade. Gina made this lampshade for me and I really love it. I chose the fabric from my fabric stash and she "remade" the plain lampshade on that lamp. She's done many lampshades since then and I'm getting ready to re-do all the lampshades in my studio. Instead of asking Gina (who might take longer than I want), I think I'm going to try it.  I have 3 lamps that could use new shades and I just got some bright, fun polka dot fabric from Riley Blake Designs.

 If you would like to make a professional looking lampshade like Gina did, she has a really good tutorial on her Flickr. Just click HERE and see how she made my shade. I keep telling her that she could sell them for a lot of money but she doesn't think so. Don't forget to enter our FALL GIVEAWAY for eight half yard cuts of Daisy Cottage fabric!

Have a great Wednesday! Cheery wave from Bev!

1 comment:

20 North Ora said...

Sounds like a good project to me!

Judy