Thursday, July 19, 2012

Quilts I Remember....

A few days ago, I found some photos of quilts I no longer own. These are the only images I have of these quilts. Sadly, I didn't worry about taking great photos at that time because I didn't realize that these quilts would be taken from me. In the grand scheme of things, it's not that big a deal but I'm glad to have found the photos. I thought I would show you a few every once in a while. Hope you don't mind.
This pinwheel quilt was made for a challenge from my small quilt group. The challenge was to convey a sense of motion using only 4 fabrics. I would re-create this quilt if I could find the fabrics...I just loved it! It was taken from the back of a car when I moved. I can only hope it was taken by someone who likes quilts and not by someone who just threw it away.
This is the 3 Flags quilt I made. This quilt was sold but I scanned the photos from my patriotic phase so I added photos of it.
Here's a better picture of the 3 flag quilt. It was the first large quilt I quilted on my Bernina.
This is a photo of one of the first quilts I ever made. I still like the colors. This quilt was also stolen. At the time, I thought this was a great quilting job...lol...

And here is a photo of a Hen and Chicks quilt top. It never got quilted because it was also taken. It's a bad photo and I don't know if you can see it but the hens are the big white blocks and the chick blocks are surrounding the hens.

Thanks for letting me share some of my past sewing projects. Finding these photos has made me sort of emotional about these quilts because seeing them is like hearing an old song. It makes me remember what was going on when I made them just like hearing an old song flashes me back to that time in my life. Don't forget to enter the GIVEAWAY for a free Collections Two quilt pattern book! Have a good Thursday and cheery wave! Bev

2 comments:

paulette said...

Lovely quilts...what a shame that most were stolen!! :o(
P

Anonymous said...

I'd have been so ill to find a missing quilt...and we hear of it often so I learned...always in the trunk!
It's a dang shame!