Sunday, October 11, 2009

SNOW DAY QUILT

Here's a pic of a little quilt I did for a Benartex challenge. The quilt had to be made from their Snow Day fabric line. It was a design inspired by the length of time it took to dress my 3 children to go out and play in the bitter cold of northern Kansas during the few years we lived there. It won Honorable Mention. It is from one of my published patterns. I only have this one photo of it. Sadly, the negatives and the other photos were lost during a move. I would love to have the closeups because I made buttons for the coat from paper clay and added a lot more details that you can't see in this photo. The little quilt had an appliqued saying on the back:

"FINALLY he's dressed to go out and play!
He runs out into the snowy day....
After 5 minutes he runs in to say....
He'd like to stay in for a minute...okay?"

No comments: