Friday, May 1, 2009

MAY CUSTOMER CONVERSATION WITH EADY BEADY BAGS!

Edwina, we just love the gorgeous bags you make for your Eady Beady Bags Etsy shop! When did you first start sewing and why?

I am showing my age, but my first sewing project was one of those hats J.J. Walker wore on "Good Time", they were popular back in the day!

What is the inspiration for your designs?

I have a 14 year old son with disabilities and he requires a lot of stuff, so the larger and roomier the better.

Why did you decide to open an Etsy shop?

My first passion is my family, of course, for years I have been creating many things, jewelry, floral design, interior design, sewing, home improvements, yes I can even lay hard wood floors. My nickname is Martha and my real maiden name is "Stewart", I must be related. I started my Etsy shop with Jewelry but found it hard to sell high end pieces in todays economy so I decided to pull the dusty Kenmore out of the closet and start sewing Bags.

What is your favorite thing about Etsy?

Etsy provides me with the opportunity to profit from something I love to do, create.

As a small business owner, what have been your biggest challenges in starting a new business?

I see all businesses are having difficulties right now with the failing economy and from time to time I struggle with should I or shouldn't I raise my prices. I try to keep my prices as competitive without losing money, but with the rising cost of everything how can you not raise them without the risk of putting yourself out of business.

What do you have planned for the future of your shop?

I like providing my customers with a variety of fabric choices for their bags and I will continue to provide them with the latest fabrics available to me.

Tell us one fun thing about you personally.

My close friends call me "Weiner". I acquired that nickname in Middle School, 30 some years ago. My husband affectionately refers to me as "My Weiner" when he introduces me to someone I haven't met.

Thanks Edwina from everyone at 44th Street Fabric for letting us know a little more about you!

No comments: