Monday, April 27, 2009

UGLY FABRIC SCRAP LADY LIBERTY QUILT

As you know if you have followed this blog at all, when I moved I found photos of quilts I had made in the past and sold. I was so happy to find the photos even though they were taken prior to my having a digital camera and were not very good.

This fabric scrap Lady Liberty quilt was made with fabrics that I had for a long time and never used or only used occasionally. I think it shows that with the addition of black and white, you can put lots of colors together that wouldn't normally be chosen for a quilt top. I used both the dull colors (like gold) and the bright colors (like yellow). My palette was pinks, turquoise, green and yellow mixed with black and white prints. This pattern is especially good with tiny pieces. This quilt was sold to a private collector but I want to make another soon. I love how it turned out.

And (this is for Jason), don't forget that you can supplement your fabric collection at 44th Street Fabric!

No comments: