Saturday, June 6, 2015

Summer Celebration Blocks

Hello! I feel like it is really summer! The sun is out, it's hot and the trees and grass are lush green from all the rain. Just makes me happy! Hope the weather is good where you are! I had fun sewing today. I'm working on several things that people are buying (woo hoo) and I'm still having insomnia. What is with that? I guess it's my age or something. Anyway, last night (or early this morning) I made a couple of Summer Celebration bom blocks that I already had cut out. Here's the North Umberland block:


and the Diamond Star block:


And, if anyone is interested, I have only one more bundle of orange fabric left. Twelve fat quarters for $21.50.

Email me if you are interested at bev@44thstreetfabric.com. Guess I'll go try to scrounge something for dinner. I saw a recipe for fried okra on Pinterest. Of course, being from Oklahoma, I don't need a recipe for okra. It's getting harder and harder to find it in the store.Anyway, I've always loved it with a cornmeal crispy crust. I always add chopped green onion, diced potatoes and diced tomatoes to the cornmeal mixture and fry them all together. I also love baked zuchinni sliced with tomatoes, green onions and cheddar cheese. I miss having a garden. Do you have a favorite summer recipe? Now I'm hungry and am going to go find something to eat. That will make Lola happy! XO from Bev

3 comments:

Missy Shay said...

That sounds delicious! When I moved to PA, they didn'teven know what okra was! I could not wait to visit my mom so that I could have some fried okra!

margaret said...

these blocks are so very colourful Bev. I would love the fat quarters if the cost of posting to the UK is not too much

Little Quiltsong said...

You always have the brightest blocks. Beautiful. Still have insomnia? Try writing your thoughts down when you wake up in the wee hours of the night. It worked for me, my book is still empty - I guess, just the thought helped me sleep through. This solution was doctor prescribed. Anyway, worked for me! Hope it helps you.