Friday, January 2, 2015

Stash Bee

Hello! It's dark and cloudy here and we are supposed to have a big ice storm for the next two days. I have food and dog food and as long as the electricity stays on and Charlie stays okay and doesn't have an "episode", I'm cool. It's still too cloudy to take good photos of the quilts and tops I'm going to list on eBay. Today I thought I would talk about Stash Bee for those who don't know what it is. I'm not sure how it got started, but a group of quilters got together and started a blog, separated people who want to participate into "hives" (small groups) and each month a selected member of the hive can request a block from the other members. There are 12 people in each hive so, at the end of the year, each person has received 12 blocks. Here is the block I did for January:
My "hive mama", Alison from Little Bunny Quilts requested this block and these colors. See her tutorial HERE. If you've stuck with me so far, the reason that I'm sharing this with you is that each requested block includes a tutorial with specific requests for colors, size, etc. There are 9 hives right now so each month there are 9 tutorials on the blog. Anyone can get great, free tutorials at the blog each month. After each member makes a block, they have to do a blog entry and show the block they created and answer a question posed by the person requesting the blocks. I think it's a great resource for any quilter who likes to see a variety of free block patterns and I think it's fun to see how people follow the instructions. Hope you enjoy and will maybe join the fun! XO and cheery wave from Bev

1 comment:

barbara woods said...

stay safe in that ice, hugs