Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Seeking Photography Tips (for cloudy days with an inexpensive camera)....

Happy Tuesday! 2014 is almost finished...I know that everyone says it but I can't believe it went by so quickly! Today I was going to put some unfinished tops on eBay but it's cloudy. I just can't get a good photo. I have enough trouble getting a good photo in the sunshine. I wish I knew the secret of getting a photo with my inexpensive camera. Any tips for me? I suspect that the best tip is wait for a sunny day or get a better camera-lol. I love this quilt top that's made with gorgeous Tanya Whelan fabrics that I was hoarding.


I put a wide border on it so that I could do a scalloped border. Oh well, I assume that the sun will come out again eventually.
I'm also working to finish my project for Henry Glass Fabrics. They sent me fabrics and asked me to design a quilt. I'm almost finished with the top. I don't know what they'll think about it. I always think projects like that would be fun and then I start worrying about whether they are good enough or not. I hope your Tuesday is a good one! XO and cheery wave from Bev

4 comments:

barbara woods said...

me too Bev and i just give them to family

margaret said...

I am sure the quilt will be lovely, do they let you keep it I wonder. Can not help with photos, I have a little sony camera and just point it at what I want to photo and hope for the best, usually the colours do not come out right though.Quite a few of mine are taken on the kitchen floor!

All the best for a happy and healthy year Bev to you and Charlie and Lola

Nita said...

I used to swear and grumble about my little point and shoot camera. Then one day my hubby showed me that I can adjust the settings. Since then, I've played with the settings...experimented...and my pics are much better.

Nita said...

I used to grumble about my point & shoot until someone showed me that there are actually quite a lot of settings that can be used. I started experimenting and voila! Better pictures! Google your camera and see what you can find out about the various auto settings. :)