Good morning! It's really cold here today and has started to snow. I am thanking God for heat and a cozy house. After the little "glitch" with my Austin Bluebird BOM, the corrections were sent and I got this month's blocks put together. Here they are together--the traditional dark colors that Minick & Simpson sent and my bright colors from my stash. With the exception of the applique blocks, I find it is just almost as fast to cut two thicknesses of fabric as it is to cut one, so I'm creating two. It does take a little longer to actually stitch the blocks but not much longer.
This is a BIG quilt! I still don't have Month 4 finished because it has applique. I worked a little more on Midnight at the Oasis last night but am having a big problem. And my new iron was apparently too hot and got all gunked up with "applique residue"-lol. I used the handy Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and it looks like new! There were 4 background pieces that are supposed to be set in and they just don't work....at all. So I'm appliqueing them. Ha! There's more than one way to defeat poor piecing! TaDa!!! If it works, I'll show ya! Hope you're having a great day! XO and cheery wave from Bev