Thursday, July 31, 2014

Barn Blocks for Winter Solstice Quilt Along

Good Morning! I can't believe it's already the last day of July! Today is the day that Paulette wanted all of us who are doing her Winter Solstice quilt along to show our July blocks. Here are my blocks. First the big barn:
I added a quilt block on the side of the barn. It's a little paper pieced block that is 2" x 2".
I love this quilt that is a pattern from Country Threads. It's a way for me to use some of my fabrics from "the olden days" before modern quilting came into favor. Here's the little barn:
I actually think it looks like a house more than a barn. But everyone was calling it a barn so I made it red too. I did add a little heart and some flowering vines over the door.
This is a fun quilt with sheep and trees and more. Paulette from Sweet P Quilting and Creations has links to other people's blocks. She's also showing blocks of people who are participating but don't have a blog. Please go HERE and take a look. We would all love to know what you think. Hope you all have a great day! XO and Cheery Wave! Bev




9 comments:

paulette said...

I LOVE your little touches!! That pieced block on the side of your barn is gorgeous!! This quilt is a great way to 'get rid' of your old fabrics!! haha...SEW glad you are part of the group!!
P

Nancie Anne Quilts said...

Hey Bev! Has anyone told you lately how awesomely creative you are?!?! I love that you're taking time to do a little extra embellishment and personalization of your Winter Solstice blocks! They are stinkin' cute!
I swear I have that book but can't put my hands on it with all the relocating of my stash I've been doing, otherwise I'd be joining this group! You've just re-inspired me to look again my dear!

Maggey and Jim said...

Hope mine looks half as good. love the touches, totally awesome. Need to get mine finished .

Missy Shay said...

I love the extra touches you added on your barns!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh Bec, they are just wonderful! 2 x 2, yikes that is tiny. I love all your special touches that make them look homey.

Laugh Yourself into Stitches said...

So glad i waited to piece my barn! Now i too will have to add a special window!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Great blocks Bev! I love the quilt on the barn. :-) Happy weekend!

margaret said...

great barns here, looking forward to seeing them all made into a quilt

margaret said...

2 great barns here, the quilt will be so good when complete