Thursday, July 10, 2014

At last, my little red bird.....

Hello! I'm working today at my "real job" but wanted to show you this!
I've seen these dishes all over Blogger and Pinterest and I've wanted one for years to hang in my kitchen. Well, I saw one on Pinterest and come to find out, it is from Pier 1 Imports AND it was on sale for $3.98! So I zipped up the street about 3 blocks to the Pier 1 Imports store and bought one. I feel kind of guilty because of the on-going struggle to come up with Charlie's medication money but I rationalized it by just leaving something off my grocery list. They also come in green or yellow. I'm going to make some curtains for my kitchen soon from red with white polka dot fabric that is in the shop. The ones I made when I moved in were a real mistake! My kitchen walls are yellow, cabinets are white and I have red accents. Well, I made curtains out of red and yellow striped fabric from Lori Holt. It's cute fabric BUT the red and yellow together make the curtains look orange...duh.... Anyway, have to get back to work. If you want a little plate, you can find it on sale HERE. XO and cheery wave from Bev

8 comments:

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

The plate is a great buy and you are right that is one item at the grocery store. Good for you to treat yourself to something special and reasonable!

Podunk Pretties said...

Do you think that little birdie plate intentions is to remind us to eat like a bird? Is it irony that you had to take the money from the grocery budget? Oh that's just my twisted mind. Good thing Pier One is 30 minutes from here or I'd have one too.

Heather said...

Your kitchen sounds adorable. I love the cute plate!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

What a sweet plate! I have red accents in my kitchen... should I go to Pier 1? :-/ LOL Have a happy weekend!

Derrith said...

You should not put such temptation in my path! That plate is Darling! It would go so well in my new kitchen. I'm glad you treated yourself to it. You deserve it!

Simply, Sarah said...

It was so interesting to see the plate on your blog yesterday...I'd never seen it before.
When I was starting to work on clearing out magazines stacked by my bed last night, I was looking through one that was from 2008 (5 1/2 years old!!) and that plate was featured in it!
I like the red, the design, and think it was really interesting to see it on your blog then in a magazine on the same day. Have a good day!

Elsina said...

I absolutely love your plate!!! And good for you, you bought something for yourself! Thanks for your concerns and prayers! Hope things get back to normal soon!
hugs, Elsina

margaret said...

such a pretty plate and it will cheer you up if feeling a bit down in the dumps so a good buy. Like you I leave something off the food shopping sometimes, try to make it chocolate but it does not always work!