Sunday, January 19, 2014

More Farm Fun

I got to sew yesterday and finished 3 more Farmer's Wife blocks. I'm starting to add more white into the mix because it's looking too dense without it. I did a block with white background and will do a couple of more next. Here's Block 20, Churn Dash with a white background:


Next is Block 21, Contrary Wife (I'd love to know the story behind that name):


 And Block 41, Friendship Star:


 I like to do collages in Picasa to check and see what I need. And, although I've only done 15 blocks, Picasa added my first collage to make it 16 blocks. You can see how dense it was getting without white. Adding two more blocks will help that I think.


These blocks go so fast with Karen's methods! You can join her Craftsy class HERE. She has taken away the need to have all those little pattern pieces. I should have done more yesterday but I got sidetracked with cleaning. Does anyone else start cleaning the kitchen, then decide to clean out the fridge and then the microwave, etc, etc.... What are you going to do today? It's sunny here but really windy. I read that the late winter/early springtime wind warms up the earth so that things can start blooming. Just knowing that took away my irritation at windy days....lol. I already want spring. Enough winter for me! Well, I'll quit rambling. I'm going to work on my "real job" today. I'm writing about toddler clothing today. Cute, cute, cute! Hope you have a wonderful Sunday! XO and cheery wave from Bev

6 comments:

Mad about Craft said...

They are looking good!

20 North Ora said...

That quilt is going to be just beautiful! Love those colors.

Judy

Laurel said...

Just downloaded my first pattern set. Thanks for sharing. Started a Farmer's Wife years ago and was soon discouraged. I still have fabric, the book, and now I'm ready to try again.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

You've picked the most brilliant colors for your FW

Missy Shay said...

I love how the white background fabric perks it up!

margaret said...

your blocks are coming along very quickly. Looked on amazon and see they have the farmers wife book but must restist after making up the list of all I have to do must not add anything else, well not today. Cleaning what is that! Afraid I am rather lazy but must get the hoover out today before it gets the huff and goes to find a home where it will be used more often. Has its advantages living on my own which definately outweigh the disadvantages.